The Smokey makeup design is perfect for both a formal event and casual day. But you have to choose the right colors for the right event. If you want to make Smokey eyes for a formal dinner or night party, you’d better choose darker and more intense colors, but if you want to wear that design in a work day, pick up brighter colors from your eyeshadow palette.
But today I want you to pay more attention to the night makeup. Night events allow you to create more sophisticated designs, which are more intense, sassy, darker and heavier. But if you can’t think of anything yet, let me show you this smokey makeup, which is flattered by the presence of the burgundy color.
Take a look:
- And as you expected, we will start with the main color – the burgundy. Take your liner brush and dip it into the eyeshadow. Contour the lid onto the crease area and create a flick at the outer corner of the lid. Then take a regular brush, or a blending one (but small), dip it into a beige color and smudge the burgundy line. Then top it with the burgundy color again and stop when you are satisfied with the coverage.
- The burgundy line is great, but the center of the lid is still bare. You can fill it in with soft pink eyeshadow.
- Blend in.
- Apply just a little bit of the black eyeshadow at the outer corner of the lid.
- Then contour the eye with thick black lines at the lash lines and create the cat eye effect by pulling the lines further away from the both corners of the eye.
- Finish the whole look with a thick coat of mascara or faux lashes, it’s up to your preferences.
- Keep in mind that this makeup design will make your eyes look smaller, so, if your eyes are naturally small, you’d better skip this eye makeup and find one that is more eye-opening. Enjoy!