I want you to picture this scenario:
You have in your calendar a cocktail party event for tonight. The starting time is at 8 p.m. and you have a whole free day. That’s why you have decided to read a book. Suddenly you wake up and you realized that you fell asleep while you were reading. The time is 6 p.m. and all of a sudden the time for preparation is almost gone and your face is puffy because of the nap.
Here are some tips and makeup techniques for hiding the puffiness:
- Drink peppermint tea. It will reduce the puffiness a little bit.
- While you are waiting for the water to boil, wash your face with cold water and apply moisturizing cream.
- Then apply primer. A thin layer of makeup primer will be enough protection for your pores.
- Then start to highlight the places that need light glow: the under eyes area, center of the forehead, chin, and nose bridge. Use concealer,which is two shades lighter than your skin complexion.
- Then apply dark concealer – two shades darker than your skin complexion. Contour the top of the forehead, both sides of the nose bridge, cheekbones, jawlines, cupid’s bow and the border of the lower lip.
- Then blend in with blending brush.
- Shape and fill in the brows, apply smoky makeup or the one which is easier for you in order to save some time and define the lips with the color you find most appropriate for this makeup style.
- Comb the hair and apply dry shampoo if it seems oily and your emergency fresh look is ready.
- Go out and have fun, no one will notice the traces of your afternoon nap, you will look as stunning as always.
This tutorial shows us how the contouring and the highlighting makeup technique is able to help us in difficult times.
Image : Fotolia