The skin around your eyes is extremely delicate and requires a lot of special care and treatments. These special cares and treatments are needed because the skin around the eyes is thinner than the skin of the rest of the face. There are certain treatments for removing puffiness, dark circles, wrinkles. You also can’t moisturize it with any type of moisturizing cream. Take a look at the tricks and tips and find out how to take proper care of the skin around the eyes:
- Use special products for that area. Make sure that the products you use don’t contain some of these ingredients: peptides, nicotin acid, caffeine, ceramides, retinol and humectants. Another ingredient to be aware of is the oil. Be sure that your pores will be clogged, because they are really small and delicate.
- Be gentle. When you apply the products on the skin around your eyes, your motions have to be really gentle, because this skin is 6-10 times thinner than the skin around the rest of the facial skin. Don’t wash the face roughly with harsh cleaners. Also, don’t exfoliate the skin around the eyes.
- Be careful with the brow wax. If you are not careful with the application of the wax, you might end up with harmed skin, especially when you pull off the strip. Just be careful and if you don’t trust yourself, go to a specialist.
- Use products that are invented only for that purpose. Don’t use your universal cream to the around eye area.
- Apply sunscreen. It’s not a big secret that the area around your eyes needs special care when you are exposed to sunlight. Use a sunscreen with a higher SPF and remember to apply it regularly, even if it’s not sunny out there.
- Massage. It sounds a little odd, but it’s true – if you massage your face regularly, you will see fast results: the skin will be glowing, you will get rid of any skin imperfections like redness, puffiness and small wrinkles.
- Face masks and eye masks. There a lot of masks in the beauty stores and you can choose among them according to your needs and preferences. Analyze the type of your skin and choose wisely. But there is also an alternative way – homemade mask. Just make sure that you have the ingredients you need and start with the application. Here is an example for an eye mask:
Boil in a bowl green tea. Remove from stove after it’s ready and let it cool down. Then cut some cucumber slices and set everything in the fridge for a couple of minutes until it cool down really well. Then apply to the eyes for 10 minutes. Done! You must feel refreshed and relaxed!