Platform sandals are great when you want to add something chic and comfortable to your summer look. You can wear them everyday, in the office, in the park, on a special event. Wearing them you will look longer and your feet won’t get tired so easily. Some people think that only because platform sandals are bigger in size, it means that they are heavy. This is not true, you can find lighter and very comfortable platforms. The only thing you need to have in mind is how you are dressed because platform sandals does not look great with every outfit. And here are the top things you need to know about your favorite platform sandals.
What are platform shoes?
Explained in a very simple language, platform sandals are sandals that are with a platform. A more thorough explanation is that the difference between platform sandals and high heels is that the heel of the high heels is (obvious) where the heel of your feet is, while platform sandals heels begin from the heel of the feet and continue to the middle part of it, some heels are even up to the toes. This makes platform sandals much more comfortable than the regular high heels, your feet get tired much faster because they are walking obliquely. With platforms the bend is not that big, but you will still be tall. Elegance and convenience.
Pros and Cons of platform shoes
- These shoes will make you taller and at the same time are much more comfortable than high heel ones.
- They look very chic, fashionable and elegant, especially this year’s design.
- They look great with almost every kind of skirt or dress, no matter whether they short or long.
- They are absolutely fashionable this year. If you decide to wear platform sandals, you will have advantages over people who dress trendy, but do not wear platform shoes. This will add a lot to your elegant outfit.
- Platform shoes makes your ankles look slimmer
- It is true that platform sandals are very comfortable, but you should never forget that they are still high heel shoes, and you should be careful when you are walking, and not to mention when you are running or dancing. Try not to run with them, never, because the consequences could be disastrous.
- Another thing we can add here is that despite the fact platform shoes look great with skirts and dresses, they look a bit strange when are matched with too tight outfits. It looks like there is no balance between the big platforms and the tight outfit.
- They are more of an everyday type of shoe than one that is elegant. If you are not used to wearing high heels and you have to attend a special event that requires such type of clothing, they you can try with platform shoes, but it still won’t have the same effect. And looking for an elegant pair of platform shoes is a tough job, believe me.
- The fact that they make your ankles look slimmer may be very joyous for some people, but for the people with slim ankles this is no good news because it will make them look even slimmer. And how are these slim ankles going to take all the platform shoes weight?
With what outfits we can match platform shoes?
There are some types of clothes that are absolutely suitable to wear with platform shoes and you should not think twice about it. These outfits are:
- Maxi skirts
- Some types of overalls that are not tight
- Bohemian outfits
- Baggy jeans and Charleston pants
On the other end of the line are the clothes that you should be careful with if you want to wear them with platform shoes. Sometimes it would also depend on your own body. Such clothes are:
- pencil skirts
- Capri pants
- Pants with straight legs