Now that the Christmas is coming closer and closer we often talk about recipes, best restaurants for the jolly night and desserts, but we forget about the drinks. It’s really nice to have a seat with your friends and family before or after the dinner (or both) and have nice, soft cocktail in your hand, while you tell stories of your childhood or your mother are making you blush with embarrassing toilet experiences. But the good beverage is that one small detail that makes the whole picture flawless and extremely cozy.
This warm and intimate picture remind me to show you some great soft drinks (adults only!) which will increase the Christmas mood and warm feelings.
Take a look:
- Pomegranate & Lime white wine spritzer. For two cocktails you will need 1/2 cup seltzer water, 1 cup white wine, 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds, 2 lime slices. Add some ice in a glass, pour wine, then the seltzer, add the pomegranate seeds and lime slices. It is a refreshing beverage, enjoy it!
- Christmas Mojito. It’s like the regular mojito, but if you add some cranberry juice and cranberry fruits it will look like Christmas dream. Cheers!
- Candy Cane. Here are the exact proportions for this heavenly sweet cocktail. 3/4 ounce berry vodka, 3/4 ounce peppermint schnapps, 3/4 ounce white creme de cacao, 1/4 ounce grenadine, half & half, crushed peppermint candy for the decoration. Mix the ingredients (except for the half & half and the peppermint candy) into a shaker and pour the drink into a glass, that is already decorated with the crushed candy. Top the drink with the half & half. You can’t limit yourself only with one drink. And you shouldn’t!
- Hot buttered rum. How about something more spicy and hot – the fancy pirate drink, Hot buttered rum. Mix in a bowl 1 stick of room temperature unsalted butter and 2/3 of a cup of light brown sugar. Then add about 2/3 of a cup dark spiced rum, a pinch of cinnamon, ground nutmeg and just a little bit of ground cloves. Then pour into the bowl 2 cups of boiling water and stir until the butter melts completely. Voila! Serve while hot, garnished with a cinnamon stick. Enjoy it!
- Irish Coffee. You have to brew about 4 ounces of coffee, make sure that you have around 1 1/2 ounces Irish whiskey, 1 teaspoon brown sugar and some just-whipped cream. Pour the whiskey and the sugar into the hot coffee and top it off with the whipped cream. This hot boozy drink will keep you awake for all of the family stories and fairy tales.
Cheers and have fun! (Adults only!)