We are strong supporters of the idea that beautiful appearance relies heavily on the way your hair looks. If it is clean, fresh and healthy, you will not need as much makeup or anything fancy to make you look great. On the contrary, you can leave the face as clean as possible and the clothes casual and still achieve an amazing look.
However, in order to keep your hair beautiful, it needs to be healthy. The polluted environment, an unhealthy diet, or stress can all lead to its thinning. Many women suffer from fine hair problems and can only envy those with huge, strong, thick “mane”. So how can you solve the problem without spending too much time, money and effort? Take a look at a few ideas below:
- We are sure that you are already using some kind of conditioner. Remember never to skip it: all the heat you use, the shampoo itself and many other factors lead to the drying process and the thinning of the hair. In the end, it gets so thin that it can fall flat and fall out. If you have thin hair, strengthen it with conditioners, but go for more lightweight formulas. There is a plethora of products on the market and many brands make special ones for “thin” or “fine” hair: just red the labels. Some leave-in sprays may weigh down your hair, but not all of them. Just avoid ultra-softening conditioners and treatments and you will still get hydration without any damage to your hairstyle and volume. Look for ingredients like panthenol and glycerin: they can be helpful in terms of thickening.
- Is your diet helping at all? It can, if you try! Your hair, just like your skin, for example, reflects the level of healthiness of your meals. This step will take time to show any results, but it is worth it. Add lots of essential fatty acids, protein, B vitamins and minerals such as zinc, iron and selenium and you will enjoy a better-looking hair in a few months.
- Stop pulling your hair constantly. It is a great temptation to tie your hair into a tight ponytail, wear extensions or straighten it with the help of a flat iron. However, all this torture will soon show its bad effect on the heaviness and thickness of your hair. Give your strands a break once in a while because otherwise you can damage permanently your hair follicles and cause hair loss. If your hair is prone to thinning, just wear looser hairstyles (there are great ideas on beauty websites like this one!) and leave out the brush when blow-drying at least once in a while.
- As we have started talking about shaping your hair, we might as well remind you the awful damage of heat styling. Now that the weather is getting warmer, you can leave your hair alone and go for more natural looks. Thinning hair breaks very easily under heat, so forget about hot tools at least temporarily. If a blow-drier is required, use a protective spray and remember to moisturize your hair with coconut and argan oil sometimes. Lightweight mists that would be appropriate for your hair type contain dimethicone and glycerin: they moisturize hair and prevent split ends.
- If you know that people in your family are prone to balding and hair loss, start taking care of your hair as soon as possible! A healthy diet, food supplements and careful care (following the tips above) should become your way of life!