The Spring is here and now we are crying about the summer. Stop crying and do something to boost up your mood. How about a cheerful nail art, which will remind you of the warm summer days, the wild parties and the laughs with your girls. Meet the Watermelon Nail Art. As you can see, you will need four colors to make this nail art come true – green, white, coral and black. But also, you will need a nail file, base coat, top coat and dotting tool. This nail art doesn’t require any drawing skills. A regular nail polish brush will be just enough to help you through the procedure. Just follow the steps one by one:
- Step 1: File the nails into a square shape. You know that shape, right? Flat tip and pointy corners of the nail. Make the length of all nails even.
- Step 2: Protect the health of the nails with a base coat. Don’t worry, there is no need to buy a special base coat bottle, you can use any transparent nail polish – the top coat, basic colorless nail polish, even your nail strengthener. The basic rule is to put some kind of a layer that will protect the nails from the harsh properties of the colored nail polishes.
- Step 3: Paint the whole nails with green nail polish. Wait for it to dry completely.
- Step 4: Paint the nail with white nail polish, but don’t cover the whole nail, let a thin line at the bottom of the nail be visible – the green line. If the white is not covering the green nail polish completely, just apply another layer of the white one. Wait for these layers to dry completely too.
- Step 5: Do the same with the coral nail polish – let a white line from the bottom layer to stay visible.
- Step 6: Use the dotting tool to create the seeds of the watermelon. Use the black nail polish.
- Step 7: Finally, after all the layers are completely dry, lock the decoration with a thick layer of top coat.