You know how every different event and occasion asks for a different type of makeup. I don’t think a anyone can go wrong with makeup when it comes to cat eye and eyeliner. Of course you have to keep in mind where you are going and who you want to be, because the different ways of applying it can make you look the part.
Every woman loves herself a cat eye. But you can’t go on an everyday basis with the heavy eyeliner you put on for your nights out. Here is an idea for a softer version of black eyeliner that can be used both for an everyday occasion and for a night event.
- First you must start with a thick line of liquid brown eyeshadow at the crease. Blend it with a clean brush. Apply a softer goldish eyeshadow between the crease and your eyelashes. Smudge it with you fingers until you get the perfect blend.
- Now apply your black eyeliner. Make it a wing shape with a wink at the end. Make sure you don’t overdo it. The line must not be very thick, but yet visible.
- After the eyeliner, apply some more brownish eyeshadow at the outer corner of your eyelid and then some at the bottom lash line.
- It is time to contour the lash line with black pencil. You must blend it with the eyeshadow. That way you eye will look bigger and you makeup finished.
- Last but not least finish off with some naturally looking false eyelashes.
And there you have it – the perfect everyday soft looking cat eye. Now you know something new and you can enjoy it for a diversity of occasion and especially for the up and coming holidays.
4 steps for a pretty liner
When I was a little girl I watched my mom and her friends applying makeup all together. They had all these fancy tubes, bottles and containers, which were doing miracles with their faces, they just knew how to play with the makeup and how to create gorgeous effects with the brushes and the liners.
I really wanted to learn how to apply makeup on my face just like my mom used to do it. But let me start from the beginning. I’ll show you one trick that helped me a lot with the drawing of my eyeliner. It includes a paper tape and the result will be a flawless cat-eye liner. Just follow these 4 steps:
- You will need only two paper tape strips, thin or thick, both will work perfectly
- Stick one of the strips on the lid. Start close to the lash line at the inner corner of the eye and as you go to the outer corner, stick the tape a little bit further away from the lash line. Just imagine the shape of the cat-eye liner and create that shape with both of the strips.
- Be careful not to press too much, because of the tape’s glue. It has to be easy for you to remove the tape strips without hurting the lid and the skin around your eyes, it’s very delicate.
- Now fill in the gap that is created by the connected strips.
Wait just a few seconds. Count to 5 slowly.
- Remove the tape strips carefully, try not to hurt the skin and not to smudge the liner.
Finish it with a coat of mascara.
Done! Now you can enjoy your cat-eye liner without stress, without spending too much time and without a mess. Have fun!